Independent Living vs. Assisted Living: Which is Right for You?
Deciding it’s time for senior living is an exciting, life changing experience. When you choose to make the move, you will get the opportunity to embark on a new chapter of life. The hardest part of this new chapter, though, will be deciding which level of care is right for you.
Choosing between independent living and assisted living usually depends on how well you can manage your daily activities without assistance. On one hand, independent living is ideal if you can handle daily tasks with ease and move around freely. On the other hand, if you struggle with day-to-day tasks, assisted living may be best. Knowing the differences between the two can help you choose the right level of care for your unique needs.
What is Independent Living for Seniors?
Independent living is ideal for individuals who are still able to live an independent lifestyle but could benefit from having access to assistance when needed. When you join an independent living community, you will be able to continue to live freely, with easy access to healthcare options. Independent living communities provide you with a safe living environment that includes minimal assistance and hospitality services.
What is Assisted Living for Seniors?
Assisted living is designed to help those who struggle with daily activities of living. When you join an assisted living community, you will still be able to live independently, but you will also receive support with a range of daily activities.
Depending on which assisted living community you choose, there will be a variety of care services available meant to enhance your quality of living. For example, you can receive assistance with medication management, dressing and moving around, if needed.
Independent Living vs. Assisted Living at Holly Hall
Jeff Luna, Admissions Coordinator for Independent and Assisted Living at Holly Hall, put it simply when discussing how Holly Hall approaches the two different levels of senior living: “We really want residents to be happy where they are, but the most important thing is that they have a good quality of life while they’re here.”
At Holly Hall, we strive to provide all residents with the same opportunities and possibilities. No matter which senior living option you select, you will be able to experience all of our services and amenities to some degree.
“We try to provide the same experience for all of our residents, because we really want everyone to participate in every aspect of our community,” explained Jeff.
Independent Living Residences at Holly Hall
Holly Hall offers spirited independent living to seniors in the Houston area. Our active, vibrant community empowers you to live as independently as possible. With our delicious dining options, uplifting programming and variety of social events and activities, you will have the opportunity to live the lifestyle you’ve always wanted without worrying about home maintenance and housekeeping.
Benefits of Independent Living at Holly Hall
Here are just a few of the reasons our independent living residents love living at Holly Hall:
- Pet-Friendly Campus – Your BFF (best fuzzy friend) is welcome to come with you when you join the Holly Hall independent living community. Your furry friend will love our spacious, scenic outdoor areas on campus. Our walking paths are also a great place to unwind and take in some fresh air together.
- Secure Living Environment – Our independent living option provides you with a secure, gated community in a welcoming neighborhood. When you’re a member of our independent living community, you will feel an increased sense of safety for peace of mind.
- On-Site Amenities – Our independent living residents can enjoy delicious dining options, a variety of exercise classes and an ever-changing event calendar to fuel their mind, body and spirit. You will never be bored when you become a Holly Hall resident.
- Freedom to Live Your Life How You Want – With the maintenance-free lifestyle our independent living community offers, you won’t have to spend your time doing anything you don’t truly want to. Forget about household chores and spend your time pursuing your interests and hobbies.
Assisted Living at Holly Hall
Assisted living at Holly Hall is unlike any other assisted living experience. You’ll find the help and care you need while being surrounded by beautiful views, a welcoming community and a safe, comforting lifestyle.
Benefits of Assisted Living for Seniors
Here are just some of the reasons our assisted living residents thrive in our community:
- A Full Activities Calendar – Being an assisted living resident means you have the opportunity to participate in daily activities and programs. You will be surrounded by friends and staff members who will encourage and help you participate in social activities and keep you active.
- On-Site Team of Health Professionals – When you become a member of our assisted living community, you can have peace of mind knowing you will have easy access to a variety of healthcare professionals right on our campus. You will always be able to receive the care you need, when you need it.
- Spacious Apartment Options – Living in our assisted living community means living comfortably. We offer both one-bedroom apartments and two-person rooms for spouses or family members. Our spacious apartments boast nine-foot ceilings, abundant closet space and large windows.
- 24-Hour Service – Being an assisted living resident means feeling safe in your community. Holly Hall provides 24-hour, on-call maintenance service for emergencies. No matter what happens, someone will be there to assist you and help ease your mind.
No matter which senior living option you ultimately select, know that Holly Hall can offer you the home you’ve always wanted in your golden years.
“We are a big family here,” Jeff said. “Someone is always going to be looking out for you or your loved one, whether it’s a staff member or another resident.”
Find Vibrant Senior Living Options at Holly Hall
Whether you’re looking for independent living, assisted living or another form of senior living, Holly Hall has a variety of options available to suit your unique needs. In addition to independent and assisted living, we also offer respite care and a multitude of health services.
Contact us today to learn more about our senior living options and to determine which one is the right selection for you.