Houston is a mecca for foodies. As one of the most diverse cities in the country, there is every type of cuisine to fit your craving–Tex-Mex, Vietnamese, Indian, Korean, Moroccan, seafood, BBQ, and so much more. This is a huge perk for Holly Hall Retirement Community residents and their visiting guests if they are venturing off campus to dine out. There is something for everyone’s cravings, and you don’t have to go far to find it. Our 20-acre campus is situated near the Houston Astrodome, Texas Medical Center, and Rice Village, so you have plenty of options!
Since August 1st kicks off Houston Restaurant Weeks, we figured this was the perfect time to share some of our residents and staff members’ favorite eateries nearby our campus and around town. Houston Restaurant Weeks is an annual tradition that allows people to dine out for a good cause. Hundreds of restaurants participate in offering pre-fixe menus at a discounted price to benefit the Houston Food Bank. So, without further ado, here are our top restaurant recommendations in the Houston area.
Must-Try Restaurants in Houston Near Holly Hall Retirement Community
- Acme Oyster House
- Brothers Tacos House – Must try: Breakfast tacos and the green chicken enchiladas.
- Café Ginger
- Cafe Leonelli
- Common Bond Bistro and Bakery – Must try: Pastries (pictured above) and coffee. Or really anything from the lunch and dinner menus.
- Cooking Girl
- Cyclone Anaya’s
- Goode Company Seafood | Westpark – Must try: Oyster Platter (pictured above).
- Goode Company Taqueria – Must try: Mesquite Grilled Burger (pictured above).
- Hungry’s Cafe | Rice Village
- Istanbul Grill & Deli
- Le Jardinier
- Lúa Viet Kitchen
- Pappadeaux Seafood – Must try: Crab cakes and fried shrimp.
- Pappasito’s Cantina
- Pappas Bar-B-Q
- Pondicheri – Must try: Their bakery is fabulous for Indian seasoned pastries and cakes (pictured above).
- Prego – Must try: Crab cakes and creme brûlée
Dining Options for Everyone at Holly Hall
There is something for every foodie when it comes to dining at Houston’s Holly Hall or enjoying some local eats. Proper nutrition, delicious dining, and overall satisfaction are significant factors one should consider when it comes to assisted living or independent living communities. Come see how Holly Hall offers an elevated dining experience and puts healthy nutrition at the forefront of every culinary decision for our residents. Schedule a tour or contact us at (713) 799-9031 to learn about residency in our vibrant community.